Aspirations for 2015
Before I share what I am striving for in 2015, I’d like to recap on some of the main positives from 2014 despite all the challenges it presented to me.
Positives of 2014:
- Pushed myself academically taking some heavy course loads and learned a lot that broadened my perspective
- Started dying my hair and experimenting with colors for the first time
- Became more independent living far from home and made close, intimate connections
- Became a much more open-minded, accepting, and educated person
- Became genuinely kinder and more giving
For 2015, one of my main aspirations is to take back control of my anxiety. I would like to change my thoughts from being an instinctively pessimistic thinker to an optimistic thinker. I won’t lose my awareness of reality, but I would like to try and combat my negative personal thoughts more and try to work on them so they help me more than hurt me. I’ve heard if you can change your thoughts, you can change your world. So that is one of my main goals this year. Here is a picture of what I am planning for 2015. Each bubble will have to be taken on one at a time. I hope you all are doing well and that if 2014 wasn’t one of your best years either, that we can make 2015 a good one!